Sector Health Nurse:(G.O.Ms.No.2428. H.&.F.W., dt: 13.12.1982.)
1. There will be one Health Supervisor (Female) for every four Health Workers. She will be responsible for the development of maternal and Child Health Services in the area.
2. She will conduct antenatal clinics and well-baby clinics and toddlers clinics at the Primary Health Centre and at the Maternity Sub Centers.
3. She will arrange to give group talks to expectant mothers. During these talks, she will stress on personal hygienic and nutrition and environmental sanitation and mother craft and child care practices.
4. She will carry out “Home Visits”, During these visits in addition to giving advice about maternity and child health she will demonstrate simple procedure to relieve conditions such as lousiness, scabies, sore eyes, etc., with the help and Multi purpose of Health Worker (Female).
5. She will visit once a week on fixed days, each of the Health sub centers. During these visits, she will conduct antenatal and well baby clinic. She will independently check some of the houses and find out omissions in Antenatal care and Post-natal care and under maternal and child health programme.
6. She will advice on family welfare practices.
7. She will observe the work of Multi purpose Health Worker (Female) and Dais during the clinic and Home situation and help her improve her technical skills and human relationship.
8. She will observe and supervise the work of Multi Purpose Health Worker (Female) and Dais. For the purpose it will be necessary for her to observe them and conduct one or two deliveries in the homes.
9. She will respond to any urgent call from the Health Worker (Female) or Dais.
10. She will ensure that antenatal and postnatal and infant health cards are maintained for mothers and infants and toddler cards for the children.
11. She will scrutinize and approve the order for supplies and equipment by the VHN
12. In abnormal cases, she will arrange for the transport to take expectant mothers to the hospitals.
13. She will help in the training of indigenous Dais.
14. She will see that adequate equipment is provided and maintained for maternity and child care.
15. She will check the health cards maintained by VHN.
16. She will help the Medical Officers in the development of school health programme and assist the Medical Officer.
17. She will staff conferences with the multi purpose health worker (Female) and Dais.
18. She will give an evaluation report of the work done in the field of Child health.
19. Each Health Supervisor should arrange to immunize 10% of the annual target of eligible children every month so as to achieve the annual target within every month so as to achieve the annual target within the year, she will utilize the service of health worker (female)
20. She would visit all the villages to impress the village community on the importance of DPT, Polio and Measles immunization among children.
21. Apart from the immunization for children the Health Supervisor must also give tetanus toxic immunization for antenatal mothers and distribute vit.”A” solution to children and DT., TA., TT to female school children from 10 to 16 years of age.
22. She will co-ordinate with the Male Health Worker and supervisor of the area concerned for campaign activities.
23. She has to see that infant health cards and children cards are maintained. She will send her dairy and returns retaining to the immunization programme and all activities to Medical Officer, Primary Health Centre.
24. She will maintain and inventory of all the equipment instruments, furniture and other articles required for maternity and child welfare work in each sub centers and check the inventory as specified period.
25. She will be responsible for maintenance of records preparation and submission of reports and returns.
26. She will sign in the wall chart on the day of her visit after enquiry and verification.
27. She will discharge any other duties assigned by her superior and the Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine in regard to Public Health from time to time.