1. NMS to attend all PHC review meetings in rotation in his block and assist the Medical Officer in review.
2. NMS to assist PHC Medical Officers to diagnose, treat, supply of materials like MCR chappals and medicines etc.
3. To attend to work relating to prevention of deformity and ulcer care.
4. NMS to provide technical supervision at the PHC / HSC level as per his Advance Tour Programme.
5. NMS to visit, reluctant / refusing suspect cases and motivate them to attend PHC out patient for final diagnosis.
6. To organise IEC activities to communities to create awareness and educate patients about regularity of treatment, self-care, prevention of deformities etc.
7. To attend and help detecting cases in School Health Programmes on rotation.
8. Assist the Medical Office in the collection of reports from all the PHCs in the block area, compilation and submission of reports to District office.Any other responsibilities assigned by superiors as and when necessary