1. WORKING RELATIONSHIP
The Block Health Statistician (computer) is a member of the Health team of the Primary Health Centre. He must keep a close contact with various Health workers in the team. He will function under the supervision and guidance of the Medical Officer in-charge Primary Health Centre. He will receive technical support and guidance from the Statistical Assistant at District level, Demographer of D & E Cell and their Officer in charge of the Vital statistics or from the Officer in charge of the new Integrated Management Information and Evaluating system at the State level if any.
II. DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
1. To collect information of various components of Health and Family Welfare programme (including mass education and media activities) at the Sub Centre and at the PHC levels scrutinize and consolidate the information collected for the entire PHC areas.
2. To compile and send such periodicals and Adhoc returns on Health and Family Welfare programme as may be prescribed.
3. To maintain records of various activities mentioned at (i) above
4. To assist the Medical Officer in getting the eligible couple and children register updated in all the villages through the Family Welfare staff Compile, number of couples using different family planning methods and the number of couples to be motivated along with information on their parity, the number of children covered by different immunization programmes and those still to be covered under these programmes.
5. To compile data on characteristics of family planning acceptors from sterilisation and IUD acceptors registers.
6. To assist the statistical assistant at District level in simple verification of acceptors in the area under the jurisdiction of the PHC. to participate in occasional special studies on certain aspects of Health and Family Welfare Programmes in PHC as part of the overall activities of programme evaluation and research.
7. To maintain a register of vital events in the area from the register of births and deaths of the village registers and also from reports of the vital events observed by Health workers in the area.
8. He will also help to co-ordinate to maintain updated village record and household and family record as envisaged in Management Information and Evaluation System for use by various Health and Family Welfare Programmes.
9. To prepare charts and graphs depicting (1) the progress of various Health and Family Welfare Programmes and (2) analytical review of the data collected, under the guidance of the PHC Medical Officer / and or statistical staff at District State Levels.
Any other organisational functions assigned by the PHC Medical Officers.