The Health Inspector (Grade-I)and (Grade -II) at Health Sub Centre level will cover a population of 10,000 or an area of 2 Health Sub Centres or an area as allotted to him. His fixed Tour programrne will be drawn in such a way that he will cover the population in one fortnight in 8 day Blocks.
On Wednesdays, he will attend Immunization Sessions in both Health Sub Centre areas alternatively.
He will carryout the following functions in area allotted to him.
1. SURVEILLANCE :
- Health Inspector Grade I and (Grade 2) will make fortnightly visits to villages and hamlets for disease surveillance.
- He will collect and send blood smears as prescribed by National Malaria Eradication Programme.
- He will identify symptomatic and refer to Primary Health Centre for screening for T.B.
- Administer presumptive anti-malaria treatment to all fever cases.
5. He will collect follow up smears from Malaria Positive cases and refer TB + cases for follow up and check up.
- He will Carry out surveillance activities for Acute Diarrhoeal diseases, Vaccine Preventive Diseases, Zoonotic diseases and other communicable diseases and notify ,them to his superiors immediately.
- He will detect and list cases of Goitre, Fluorisis, Cancer, Cataract and other non-communicable diseases.
- He will notify the above diseases to his Supervisors and Me< Officers.
- He will give Radical Treatment to Malaria Positive case when required to do so.
- He will assist the Health Supervisor in the Spray Operation and other remedial measure.
- He will do mop up and ring Immunization as a part of.
- He will Co-ordinate in Immunization activities on the Immunization Day.
- He will Chlorinate all water sources during the epidemics, and festivals etc.
- He will disinfect the infected areas.
- He will collect and send the stool samples of diarrohea case.
- He will take action for maintenance of environmental sanita1 in the village and places of public importance.
III.ESTABLISHMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF DEPOT HOLDERS.
- He will be responsible to identify and establish depot Holders at Village level for Malaria, ORS, C .C. and others.
- He will contact all the depot holders during his visit and collect information.
- He will replenish stocks for the depot holders.
- He will collect blood smears and hand over to the lab.
IV. MINOR AILMENTS MANAGEMENT:
- He will give treatment for Minor Ailments during his field visit.
- He will identify cases which require Medical Care, refer them to the Medical Institutions and also render follow up services.
V. BIRTH AND DEATH
- He will enquire and detect and record all births and deaths and marriages.
- He will act as statutory registrar of Birth and Death in Kanyakumari District and Senkottah Taluk in Nellai Kattabomman Dist.
VI. FAMILY WELFARE:
- He will promote acceptance of the small family norm and motivate and sponsor acceptors for vasectomy as per the target fixed.
- He will distribute condoms to eligible couples.
VII. AIDS CONTROL AND PREVENTION
- He will sensitise people about HIV/AIDS and promoted the use of condoms.
- He will use autoclaved sterile Hedgedron needles, syringes and needles, etc. for his work.
VIII. GOITRE CONTROL :
- He will detect and record and refer Goitre cases.
- He will promote use of Iodized salt.
IX. BLINDNESS CONTROL :
- He will detect and record and handover list of cataract case to the Medical Officer, Primary Health Centre.
- He will mobilize cataract cases for operation in the eye camps.
- He will list persons with defective vision and refer to the Medical Officer, Primary Health Centre.
X. FLUOROSIS :
1. He will detect, record am refer cases of dental cares/Fluorosis.
XI. SCHOOL HEALTH :
- He will be responsible for opening and maintenance of School Health Cards.
- He will be responsible for treatment of minor ailment referral and follow up.
- He will carry out immunization of the School Children.
- He will promote Environmental Sanitation of the school.
XII. IEC ACTIVITIES:
- He will educate the community on environmental sanitation personal hygiene food hygiene, waste disposal etc.
- He will educate on disease transmission methods, disease control prevention of VP, Zoonotic and other communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- He will create awareness on all National Health Proqrammes.
- He will organize mass communication activities as a team along with other field staff.
XIII. MAINTANANCE OF REGISTERS AND RECORDS :
- He will maintain all prescribed records and registers.
- He will maintain periodically submit the reports prescribed.
- He will attend Review/Staff meeting conducted by his superiors.
1. He will carry out any other duties time to time by his superiors and by the
Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine.
2. He will carry out all the prescribed job responsibil1ties as per the guidelines issued by the Director of Public Health and Preventive Medicine from time to time.
On Wednesday, Health Sub Centre level Health Inspector will not attend immunization work. Instead he will attend the Thursday block work. On Thursday, he will attend School Health Visits with immediate effect. (Vide.R.No. 97826/Trg.II/98/82, dated 15.6.98 of the D.P.H.&PM, Chennai-6.)
Job Responsibilities for the Para Medical Ophthalmic Assistants (PMOA) :
G.O.Ms.No.746, dt: 26.09.94)
1. Assistance to Primary Health Centre, Medical Officers in handling all eye cases.
2. Perform refraction check up and prescribe Eye Glasses.
3. Assistance to Primary Health Centre, Medical Officers in routine diagnostic and Investigation procedures for which material, equipments are available with Primary Health Centre, eg., Tonometer for glaucoma Screening etc.,
4. Assistance to mobile team conducting eye camp in his area.
5. To assist and organize mini eye camps based at Primary Health Centre under supervision of District Ophthalmic Surgeon and Medical Officer, Primary Health Centre.
6. Organizing school health clinics for early detection of eye diseases.
7. Assistance to Mobile Team in community surveys and maintenance of all records at Primary Health Centre level.
8. Assistance in the training of peripheral staff (Para Medical) and volunteers in respect of eye-Care).To refer the serious cases to the Ophthalmic Surgeon in District Hospitals and Medical Colleges. The Ophthalmic Assistants posted in au, District Hospitals and Mobile Units should also assist the respective Ophthalmic Surgeons